Orlando Sanford Reports Record Domestic Traffic for 2000

Sanford, Fla., January 29, 2001 – As the year 2000 came to an end, Orlando Sanford International Airport finished the year well ahead of 1999’s traffic levels.  The airport serviced 1,159,700 total passengers for the year.   International passengers made up 85% of the total with 987,935 passengers, and domestic passengers comprised the remaining 15% coming in at 171,765 passengers.  Finishing the year with a strong holiday schedule, Pan American Airways helped the airport break all domestic records by increasing passenger traffic by nearly 180% over last year. “We are extremely pleased with the continued growth in the number of passengers who are using our airport.  We are attracting passengers from throughout Central Florida as a result of the great service and affordable fares being offered by Pan Am,” reported Victor White, Executive Director for the Sanford Airport Authority.  Total cargo was also up, at 21% with 12,760 tons processed in 2000.  Operations outpaced 1999 by 2.4% with 371,787 total operations.

Orlando Sanford International Airport is located near the Orlando attractions and is also very convenient to Daytona Beach.  Adjacent to the airport is Florida’s “High Tech Corridor” located in Lake Mary and Heathrow.  Airlines and their passengers enjoy free parking, new domestic terminal facilities, short walking distances and low operating costs.

For more information about OSIA, visit the airport’s website at www.orlandosanfordairport.com or their terminal management company’s website, Orlando Sanford International, Inc., at www.osi-airport.com.